BAHAWALPUR Board 2012
(New Marks Scheme)
Inter Part I
Paper Objective Type
Time: 20 Minute
Note: Four possible choices A, B, C, and D to each question are given. Which choice is correct; fill that circle in front of that question number. Use marker or pen to fill the circle, cutting two or more will result in zero in that question.
- A number of spices identify so far:(a) 4.5 Million
(b) 3.5 Million
(c) 2.5 Million
(d) 1.5 Million
- Cyclosis and amoeboid movements are because of:(a) Microtubules
(c) Intermediate Filaments
- The catalytic activity of enzyme is restricted to a small portion of enzyme known as:(a) Active Site
(b) Catalytic Site
(c) Binding Site
(d) Reacting Site
- The amount of heat absorbed by a liquid when into gas is called:(a) Heat capacity
(b) Heat of vaporization
(c) Specific Heat
(d) Absorbed Heat
- Family includes related:(a) Individuals
- Ustilago species is most common:(a) Rust Fungi
(d) Smut Fungi
- Most ciliates are capable of sexual process called:(a) OOgamy
- Some bacteria are microphilic like:
- The biological name of sweat pea is:(a) Lathyrus Adoratus
(b) Arachis Hypogea
(c) Solanum Nigrum
(d) Lycoperisicum excluentum
- Syrinx is oxygen of voice in:(a) Birds
- In Annelids the organ for excretion are:(a) Flame Cells
- First complete seeds appeared approximately 365 million year during late:(a) Silurian Time
(b) Cambrain time
(c) Ordovician Time
(d) Devonian Time
- Glycolysis occurs is:(a) Mitochondria
- Casparion strips are presented in:(a) Cortex
- A serum containing antibodies is called:(a) Antigen
- Deficency of phosphorus cause stunted growth of:(a) Shout
- Respiratory pigment present in muscles is called:(a) Heamoglobin
Paper Subjective Type
Time: 2:40 Hours
Note: Section I is compulsory. Attempt ant three (3) questions from Section II and any three (3) parts Section-I from Section III.
2. Write eight short answers:
- What are Glycosidic Bonds?
- Differentiate between Amylose and Amylopectin.
- Define Pinnocytosis.
- What is murcin?
- What are Kelps?
- Write two differences between fungus like protists and true fungi.
- What is Absorption Spectrum?
- Define stomata.
- Define non-cyclic Phosphorylation.
- What do you know about Radula?
- Define pyrosis.
- What are zymogen cells?
3. Write eight short answers:
- What is gene therapy?
- What is biological control.
- Differentiate between retrovirus and bacteriophage.
- How has small pox been eliminated from the world?
- What is Aspergillosis?
- What are Mycorrhizae?
- Why Bryophytes are called amphibians of the plants?
- What are Gymnosperms?
- What is Cicinate Vernation?
- What is the importance of Archacopteryx?
- How coral Reefs are formed?
- What are the functions of Placcenta?
4. Write Six short answers:
- Define Apoenzyme.
- What are giant amoeba?
- Define thallus.
- What is the functions of swinbladder?
- Define mammals.
- Define placenta.
- Why do plaants appear green?
- Define bioenergetics.
- What are thylakoids?
(a) What is Clonning? Describe process of cloning. Also write down its Importance. 4
(b) Write a note on Inhabitors. 4
(a) What are the effect of pH and temperature on the efficiency of an Enzyme Action. 4
(b) Write a note on Zooflagellates. 4
(a) Differentiate between Prokaryotes and Eukaryotes. 4
(b) Write a note on Sphenopsida. 4
Define Transpiration. What are different factors affecting the rate of Transpiration 8
Describe process of Glycoysis. 8