Education is a backbone for country’s development. Should we encourage technology in Education? We should know that technology is a tool that can help us in any field of life. There are several benefits to using technology in education, including:
Should we encourage technology in Education?
- Make your education Enjoyable: Using technology in education makes it more enjoyable for students, which increases their motivation towards learning, as boring lessons can become more enjoyable for them through tablets and videos or slides.
- Quick Access to accurate information: The use of technology in education, including the Internet, increases the ability of learners to reach you with a large and qualitative amount of information, which may not be mentioned even in school curricula, which saves a lot in a short time, but it is important for the teacher to increase Students awareness of the correct ways to access accurate information on the Internet.
- Make the learning process cooler: The use of new technologies such as video and other techniques in the learning process contribute to simplifying the information for learners, and in making education easier for the teacher by saving his time. By helping the teachers increase their productivity, and giving them a longer period of time to focus on the student we can improve the standard. As it contributes on the other hand in making the process of distance education successful and more developed, so by giving the student an opportunity to add his questions and get answers at the same time would be valuable process.
- Cooperation and participation between Students: Technology allows direct communication between learners, and between teachers and their students with the push of a button, and thus facilitates the process of cooperation between them, which gives the process of learning a better quality and more ease when it comes to students making joint projects.
- Helps to visualize concepts: Technology helps the learner to visualize abstract concepts, or concepts that are difficult to understand in an easier way.
- The increased involvement of students: The technology makes learning more enjoyable, and thus contributes to raise the self – directed learning among students, which helps to make learners more interactive with science provided to them.
- Helps to prepare students for the future: In light of the central role of technology in the present and the future, it becomes necessary to employ technology in education, to prepare a generation capable of dealing with technology and using it in learning, research, cooperation, and problem solving, in order to have a better professional future.
- Overcoming the obstacle of time and space: Technology contributes to the continuity of the teaching process, regardless of the time difference and the place in which both the teacher and the learner are located, as the learner can open the educational materials via the Internet at any time he or she wants, which makes it easier for him/her to schedule the time of his learning within other life tasks. As these facilities make learning an ongoing condition in the lives of individuals that do not have to interact with many barriers.
Helping students with special needs to learn:
With technology, many learning barriers for students with special needs have vanished, and there are devices or applications that help them solve their problems and give them the opportunity to engage in the educational process more easily.
Easy to monitor student performance through technology, teacher can use techniques to help create related proportions lists of student performance, permanent and discussion groups with them and knowledge levels, and contribute to the industry tests and issuing labels directly, making it easier to monitor performance and gives the teacher an opportunity to observe individual differences and deal with them.
Developing reading and writing skills:
Technology contributes to develop students’ reading and writing skills in many languages, as electronic games intended for learning of spelling can be used through puzzles and fun games, and video games can teach the recipient how to pronounce terms, in addition to the technology’s contribution to the development of students. As students find the writing process more entertaining with the keyboard than with the stylus.
Providing students ’personal skills:
Technology contributes to provide a number of important skills for students, such as time management, communication, and cooperation. It gives the most shy students a space to participate and learn, and express themselves as the rest of the students, and contribute to save time for the teacher. It provides quick and easy access to information, to do homework electronically and others, in addition to its contribution to adding leadership roles such as presentation techniques, which contribute to supply interactive learning and gives confidence.
Technology builds students’ confidence:
The students feel comfortable in doing the assignments on laptop or tabs. They have no sign of worry about writing styles. Some students feel worried when they write their assignments. Because their style of writing is really poor that’s why it does not give good impression. But if we use gadgets then we can utilize electronic fonts and styles.