Here you will find the top 10 universities in Pakistan. HEC ranked tope 10 universities so you can have an idea that these rankings are from an authentic source. Ecry year HEC evaluates the performance of universities. Certain constructive commentary and legal advices are issues to different campuses of universities.
Here you will get the list of top 10 universities in Pakistan.
- Quaid-e-Azam University, Islamabad
- University of the Punjab, Lahore
- National University of Science & Technology (NUST)
- University of Agriculture, Faisalabad
- Aga Khan University
- COMSATS Institute of Information Technology
- Pakistan Institute of Engineering and Applied Sciences (PIEAS), Islamabad
- University of Karachi
- University of Health Sciences, Lahore
- University of Veterinary & Animal Sciences, Lahore
Most Popular Universities in Pakistan
You may also want to know what are the most popular universities in Pakistan? In this article we are going to discuss about the 2019 Pakistani University Ranking and also the 2020 Pakistani University rankings based on the criteria given by Higher Education Commission of Pakistan.
Top University Ranking
The universities get the ranking on the several factors which are mentioned below.
- Is the university a chartered university?
- Is the university licenced or accredited by authorized organization?
- Is the university offering 4 years’ undergraduate degrees at their campus or campuses?
- Is the university offering post graduate or master degree leading towards Ph.D?
- Is the university meeting the student course excellence criteria?
- Is the faculty providing productive and fair atmosphere to their faculty?
- Is there specialized arrangement for labs and research laboratories at the head campus or any of the sub campuses of the university?
The main purpose of these top ranking is that the students must enrol in a well-established university. As it is a matter of future so, we cannot choose a university that has no ranking in Pakistan.
Top 10 Universities in Pakistan
If a university has no ranking in Pakistan, then do you think will it has worth in the international markets? So, take this decision with quite clear concept. We would also briefly define about the role of Punjab university that was is ranked on number 2 if you talk about Top 10 universities in Pakistan.
it was established in Lahore and the year was 1882. It is the largest institute in Lahore. Great scholars and international figures have been produced and trained by PU Lahore.
Quaid-i-Azam campus is almost 12 kilometers far from the Allama Iqbal Campus. And the total area for this campus is almost about 1800 acres. Punjab university also has five campuses. Near Ayoubia you would see a summer campus that is situated on a very high hill area in Pakistan. It has some vital faculties which we can mention below.
- Department of Archaeology
- Department of History & Pakistan Studies
- Department of English Language & Literature
- Department of Philosophy
- Pakistan Study Centre
- Research Society of Pakistan
- Department of Social Work
Along with it one can see P.U Educational T.V Station where different media related courses are offered. It is quite logical to note that education is also producing business minds which can help the economy of the country.
So, best business schools or universities must be promoted. Because it has direct impact on the economic conditions of Pakistan. NUST and LUMS have a good name in producing qualified business executives. They must be rated high and they must be preferred for the promotion of literacy ratio in true spirit.
Read what wikipedia is saying about Ranking of Universities.
Some people argue that rankings help to assess the quality of higher education institutions in an increasingly global, competitive and diverse environment, others claim that they can lead universities to focus on research to improve their productivity.
Quality of Education
So the rankings of universities are also like a caution on the universities. Because the fact is there should be a check system on the quality of education. If we notice about the fee structure, then each university almost has different structure. The high fee does not show the quality of education. So, that’s best thing to categorize them based on several factors which we have mentioned above.